Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Crochet snowflakes

Sorry, that I write very ocassionally now, but I really don't have a time. Holiday season is began) But I found a time today to show these crochet snowflakes. 
In south Italy here we don't have snow, so I decided to make my own snowflakes and decorate my house and christmas tree with them. Maybe I will attache one to the gift for my friends or decorate window or reefer. It's a great idea to also use them for custom holiday cards. 
I found many patterns in internet and choose 12 most beautiful for me.
They are so delicate and beautiful! Some people wrote me that these snowflakes the same like granmather made) and for these people it's like return to childhood.
If you know crochet it will be easy for you to make a pair of crochet snowflakes for Chrostmas tree. The design possibilities are endless, each one unique. There are many patterns in Internet perfect also for begginers. Depending on which crochet thread you use, the size of snowflakes can vary anywhere from 2-4 inches in diameter to as much as 5 inches. I advice to use thin thread - they will be like lace!
It's important - when you finish them you should stiffen snowflakes well and use pins to stretch and shape them.


On this image there are more difficult to make snowflakes:



8 коммент.:

Natalka Pavlysh said...

beautiful snowflakes!

Unknown said...

So beautiful, Katja!

IrinaN said...

Adorable snowflakes!

SocksAndMittens said...

They are so pretty! I crocheted some snowflakes last year and decorate my tree with it - it was beautiful! great job, Katrin!

Olena said...

They are very cool!!!

Duealberi said...

this is so beautiful and so delicate!

Tamara said...

These are beautiful snowflakes!! Where on the internet did you get these patterns? I've been searching for nice patterns for a long time!

Katrinshine said...

I searchet also for many time to find these patterns)

 

©2009 Katrinshine | by TNB