Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Crochet doilies table runner


I love doing something with my hands to my house. I always have in mind there are a few fresh ideas. Recently I had some free time and I realized one of them. And of course, decided to share it with you! It's table runner made from vintage doilies. I liked that it looked fresh, but a bit vintage and shabby at the same time.
I bought in a local flea market a few big doilies and several smaller. They cost something about 1 euro for 2 doilies. Of course they have some small spots or holes, but I think I will find a solution. I will cover one with other. Maybe you have some doilies at home,remaining from your grandma.
 Step 1: Lay out your largest doilies first, maybe in the center of the table.
Step 2: Fill in the spaces between them with the medium and smaller doilies..
Step 3: Overlap the edges of the big and small doiles. Try to cover holes and spots.
Step 4: Pin doilies together. Then make a few stitches to keep them together. If you want, machine-stitch them together.



5 коммент.:

Unknown said...

So beautiful ))

Anonymous said...

Simple and beautiful!

Eugenie said...

A lovely idea, so elegant!

Svetlana NES said...

Wonderful idea!

IrinaN said...

Cute design

 

©2009 Katrinshine | by TNB